Sunday, March 31, 2013

Inspiration and challenge

It has been a fun weekend of crafting.  I spent most of the day on Saturday helping my husband on our boat, but yesterday evening I spent making cards.  I have been totally inspired by Ivana from Paper Girl Crafts.  You can check out her blog here: http://papergirlcrafts.blogspot.com/.
Her projects are just stunning.  Her style is not at all what my style is right now, but I would love to be able to work towards here style.  Here are some the cards I made.
 


 I made the flower with some tool that I received as gift wrap.  I cut into circle and burned the edges.  I put the flower together with a brad.  I wanted to put a pearl in the center, but the brad was the quickest way to attach all the layers.




My friend's dad died, so I made another sympathy card.  It seems to be the season of death, but also for new life.  I find it kind of strange.
 
Now for the challenge I mentioned in the title.  I had a little reality check this past weekend. I love to buy new things. I love to buy crafty things.  I watch youtube videos and see other's projects and craft supplies and feel like I need more things. I was looking at my craftroom and was like, Emily you need to be happy with what you have and use it.  My challenge is to make 15 cards before spending any more money.  I made 7 this weekend.  I need to make 8 more. :)  I think I should set goals like this all the time, so I don't just buy and not create.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment